It is now only a few days to the highlight of the Blues Club calendar. The Farmhouse Blues Day at Wheathill Court Farm near Burwarton. It runs from 2.00pm till 10.00pm on Saturday 5th August. Easy to find, take the Ludlow to Bridgnorth and turn by the side of the Three Horseshoes Pub and it is about 2 miles on the right, it will be well signposted on the day.
There is a great line up of top class blues musicians and singers including local professionals, plus blues stars from Birmingham and the Black Country and the headline act THE DAMNED AND DIRTY from Holland.
The approximate start times are as follows.
- 2.00pm. SONS OF THE DELTA.
- 3.00pm. LUCY HOWELLS BAND.
- 4.15pm. JACK BRETT AND BLUE MOON.
- 5.45pm. SWEET TALK.
- 7.00pm. BIG WOLF BAND.
- 8.30pm. THE DAMNED AND THE DIRTY.
Please note these times depend on change over times for each band.
The event is expected to attract the maximum allowable crowd of 500 people, as a bonus, there is the luxury of a very large barn available if the weather is not good, so you will not be wading in mud. But it will drop cold when the sun sinks below those pretty Shropshire hills, so please bring with you some extra layers of clothes and for your > comfort your fold up chairs, but dancing will be allowed if you promise not to be too silly! To avoid disappointment please get your tickets as soon as possible, visit www.farmhouseblues.co.uk and for more details about the Shropshire Blues Club events, please visit www.southshropshirebluesclub.co.uk
As usual the South Shropshire Blues Club are offering the very best in various types of live music, not just blues and the profits go to Cancer Research UK, to help beat cancer sooner, So you can enjoy great music and help save lives at the same time! This event will also raise money for the Ruperts Revenge Charity. Rupert is a local 5 year old boy who needs special expensive treatment to help fight a rare form of cancer and any money raised will help to give him a genuine and better chance to win the fight.
In addition to the great music, there will be great food available, a great bar with real beer and good car parking and camping facilities, they have even ordered extra toilets for those who drink too much beer, so camp or get a lift, but don’t drink and drive!
- The South Shropshire Blues Club want to make absolutely sure that the Farmhouse Blues Day will be another jammed out success and make another good profit for Cancer Research UK and Ruperts Revenge. We would be most grateful if everyone would forward this email newsletter press release to their friends and relatives that may not be on our database.
If you love good live music and hate cancer, why don’t you give one hour per month to give out our posters in your area?
OTHER DATES FOR YOUR DIARY.
- Friday 18th August. 7.30pm. SUPER BLUES JAM at the Rose & Crown, Church Street, Ludlow. Friendly informal get together of all levels of musicians and singers.
- Sunday 27th August. Blues Club BBQ Free Entry Starring Jack Brett and Blue Moon and all visiting musicians will be welcome to join in on the second half.
- Saturday 30th September. 7.30pm. Our old favourites SLOWBURNER at the Ludlow Brewery. Rocking Blues with the amazing singer Paul Bridgwater.