[Updated 31st July 2017]
N.B. This isn’t meant to be a comprehensive list of everything that’s coming up: I wouldn’t have time to maintain something comprehensive. Look for regular events on the Regular Events page. Unsurprisingly… (Stuff that happens regularly is (even) less likely to be added here, purely for reasons of time management.)
In times of stress (which is most of the time), I’m not very good at keeping this page updated, especially now I don’t live in the area. I’m a little bit better at posting things on the Sabrinaflu Facebook page.
- Saturday 5th August. Farmhouse Blues Day at Wheathill Court Farm near Burwarton. All day event 2.00pm till 10.00pm. South Shropshire Blues Club . See also article here.
- Friday 18th August. 7.30pm. SUPER BLUES JAM at the Rose & Crown, Church Street, Ludlow. Friendly informal get together of all levels of musicians and singers.
- Sunday 27th August. Blues Club BBQ Free Entry Starring Jack Brett and Blue Moon and all visiting musicians will be welcome to join in on the second half.
- 28th September: Andrew and Margaret Watchorn in Ludlow. Margaret tells us: ‘Between us, we’ll be playing Northumbrian smallpipes, fiddle, renaissance bagpipes, Swedish pipes, nyckelharpa and guitar.
Date: Thursday 28th September 2017
Venue: Methodist Church, Broad Street, Ludlow
Time: 7.30pm (Doors open at 7.00pm)
Cost: £8 (accompanied children under 12 free) Pay on the Door
- Saturday 30th September. 7.30pm. SLOWBURNER at the Ludlow Brewery. Rocking Blues with singer Paul Bridgwater.
- Not exactly upcoming at the time of writing, but it saves me adding it later…
Stewart Hardy Workshop Weekend hosted by WiseWood Folk. 18 November at 9:30 to 19 November 2017 at 16:30. Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre, School Road, SY7 9RS Craven Arms. (Also flagged here.)
- South Shropshire Blues Club Christmas Special on Friday 15th December