I know this isn’t strictly in the remit of the Sabrinaflu site, but I suspect that I’m not the only person around here with an interest in music and poetry. So here are a couple of local poetry events and venues. By all means let me know about other such events in our very flexible catchment area. 🙂
- Poetry Breakfast at Much Wenlock: every second Thursday at Tea on the Square, 9-10am. £6, going up to a still very reasonable £6.50 in the New Year.
- Much Wenlock also has a poetry festival that I haven’t managed to get to yet, but I’ll try harder in 2015. 22-24 April. [Update: extensive list of events here. Lots more information here.]
- The Poetry Lounge, at the Sitting Room, Upper Galdeford, Ludlow SY8 1QD. First Tuesday, every second month.
- Ludlow Fringe Festival promises “The world’s first and only poetic first aid service” in 2015 (14th June). Interesting…
- Ludlow’s Poetry Cafe is at the Assembly Rooms on the first Wednesday. Or it was: the web page doesn’t show anything more recent than August 6th 2014.
- Shrewsbury Poetry Stanza Community: 3rd Friday of every month at the Old Bell, apparently. Readings, discussions, workshops. Corner of Abbey Foregate and Bell Lane.
That’s all I can find for now. Back to work, I guess…
Small Blue-Green World