[Updated March 18th 2020]
These pages are no longer being regularly maintained. Later reviews by David Harley are likelier to appear on the Wheal Alice blog.
- Review of a stunning CD by Daria Kulesh: DARIA KULESH – Long Lost Home (own label)
- I usually put up (or link to) reviews both here and at Wheal Alice, but I don’t seem to have remembered with this one, so here’s a link to the Wheal Alice review: Bert Jansch – a belated review. Yes, it took me around 50 years to acquire my own copy of Bert’s first album, though I already knew it quite well from years ago, of course.
- A review by courtesy of Keith Whiddon (of The Flying Toads and Bouzatina): Review: Emma and the Professor’s ‘Old Black Crow’.
- Review of Mal Brown’s excellent CD Sharp Stones and Tender Hearts
- Review of a lovely CD by Martin Thomas: CD Review: ‘Pieces’ by Martin Thomas
- Flying Toads CD review (an excellent collection of tunes and songs: not the same, more recent CD reviewed for folking.com – see link above).
- Ring Around the Land is a review by Fliss of a CD by Red Shoes.
- And here are a couple I made earlier. [DH]
- A Shropshire Lad: a 1994 CD by the late Michael Raven with vocals by Joan Mills, featuring settings of poems by A.E. Housman alternating with Welsh traditional (mostly) tunes played on solo guitar. Originally posted on my Shropshire Blues blog (which is more about Shropshire than blues!).
- Vagrant Stanzas: a review of the 2013 recording by Martin Simpson. Originally posted on my personal web page.
- Sarah McQuaid – The St. Buryan Sessions – a guide to the singles and videos released so far as part of Sarah’s lockdown project recorded live at her local church – and lovely stuff it is, too. (Added 2021)
- New Paul Cowley CD – some great blues-soaked guitar and songs from the excellent Paul Cowley. (Added 2021)